Long Arm Quilting Services
We know a lot of hard work goes into finishing a quality quilt top,
so our number one goal is to complete your quilt top with beautiful quilting!
We thank you for the opportunity to help make your quilt top a work of art!
*Long Arm Quilting Pricing:
Our prices are based on the size of your quilt and complexity of the pattern.
We charge by the square inch. To figure the square inch of your quilt top, measure the width and the length and multiple them together. This will give you the total square inches of your quilt. Then multiple the total square inches by the type of quilting you request. Example: A quilt which measures 60 X 72 = 4320 square inches X .02 (2 cents per square inch) = $86.40.
We charge by the square inch in 3 different categories.
1. Edge to Edge
(Custom quilting charges are on a case by case basis.)
1. Simple Edge to Edge over your entire quilt – This is one simple pattern over your entire quilt with one thread color.
Cost is 2 cents per square inch.
2. Semi-Custom – This is a combination of a simple overall design along with some custom border, sashing and or block design with one thread color. This varies from 2.5 cents up to 5 cents per square inch.
3. Custom – Custom Quilting prices vary and are determined on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us for custom pricing.
(There is a minimum charge of $40.)
*Above prices do not include batting and thread charges. Batting charges depend on the type and size of batting. Thread charges are $1.50 per bobbin used.
Quilt top preparation:
To assure a quality finished product and minimize your cost, please follow these basic guidelines:
· Your top must be clean, pressed well making sure all seams are pressed flat, points and threads clipped and removed or they may show through later, Please remove pins or basting threads.
· Make sure the quilt top is pressed and lays flat to prevent puckering.
· Square-up and trim quilt top to its final size—measuring the same amount in 3 places in both directions.
· Measure and press backing fabric —it should measure 6-8 inches larger than your top.
Pressing quilt top or backing – $10.00 (We typically do not iron the backing unless it’s wrinkled and is needed)
Removing threads from quilt top – $10.00 per quilt top.
Piecing backing fabric - $10.00 per seem
Quality batting is available and can be purchased from Woodside Quilting for best results. We offer 100% cotton, 80/20- 80(cotton) 20(polyester), soy, bamboo, polyester and wool.
We most often use either %100 cotton or 80/20 cotton/poly blend. Batting prices are located below.
(Black batting available upon request)
- Legacy 80/20 (80% cotton & 20% polyester)
- Natural @ $ 11.00 per yard
- Legacy (100% cotton)
- Natural @ $ 11.00 per yard
- White @ $ 11.00 per yard
- Bamboo/Cotton (50% Bamboo/50% Cotton)
- Natural @ $ 13.00 per yard
- Soy/Cotton (50% Soy/50% Cotton)
- Natural @ $ 14.50 per yard
- Wool (100% Wool thermal bonded)
- Natural @ $ 15.00 per yard
- Polyester (100% Polyester thermal bonded)
Charge for seaming the batting ($10.00 per seam charge)
Most people provide the backing for us, however if you do not have backing available we can provide a backing to compliment your quilt top. We have 108” wide backing fabric which provides a seamless back with less cost. Backing pricing depends on the type of backing chosen and yardage.
Your backing needs to be 8 inches wider and 8 inches longer than your quilt top. There is an additional charge for seaming the back and ironing or other work needed before quilting.
There are many colors and types of thread to choose from. We will consult with you on what will compliment your quilt top. There is a nominal fee for thread charge, $1.50 per bobbin. Additional charges apply for multiple thread colors on one quilt. (Typical thread charge’s for a queen sized quilt is approximately $6.00 - $8.00 for a simple overall Edge to Edge pattern using one thread color.
We also provide Binding services at 3 different levels.
1. You provide the binding fabric, we make the binding and machine sew on the front with mitered corners for 10 cents per linear inch.
2. You provide the binding fabric, we make the binding, machine-sew on the front with mitered corners and hand-sew the binding on the back for 25 cents per linear inch.
3. Custom binding – includes you provide the binding fabric, we will make the binding and machine sew on the front with mitered corners and provide other embellishments to the front and or back of the binding including cording, piping, double binding (which looks like added piping). Cost is on a case by case basis.
Quilt Trimming –
If we are not binding your quilt when completed, Quilts can be trimmed for a $10-$20 fee. Let us know how you like it trimmed – at the edge, or ¼” beyond the edge for batting fullness in the binding.
Shipping information –
We can ship via UPS or USPS ground with insurance. Shipping costs can vary depending on location TBD.
An estimate would be given before shipping costs are incurred.
Payment needs to be completed when your quilt is delivered. We accept cash or check at this time.
Sorry we are not setup to accept electronic payment.
Click Here for Machine Quilting Form