Woodside Quilting Retreats
Who doesn't enjoy 3 days of sewing with some of your best quilting friends! It's the most fun you'll have all year! We have many retreats a year. We are very excited to be able to host our Retreats in our Retreat Center. We have a large room in the back that is just perfect for retreats.Marty Beaver of "LMN Cuisine" cater's our retreats with wonderful home-made foods. The retreats with Dinners and Sunday brunches are the Odd months of the year. Except December when we have our popular Holiday Retreat. Marty also cater's for private events throughout the year, please see his website below and call him with questions. Thank you.
2023 dates are now updated
Retreat “rules” for retreaters –
You can bring in packaged food for snacks but no crockpots or open foods.
Before and after the retreat we will wipe down the tables chairs and sanitize.
Retreaters can stop in and reserve a retreat spot with a "sticky note" after 5:00 but not setup your machine until the day of the retreat. We made this change as there are often times another class the day before the retreat.
We need to clean and setup the room prior to that time as we may also have a class on the day before the retreat.
You can also now sign up and pay for retreats online. Go to the class section and sign up as though you are signing up for class. If the retreat is full you can sign up without paying and be put on the waiting list in "First Come" order.
We are now having retreats every month. The retreats are the 2nd week of the month. On the even months the retreats (except December) are now Tuesday 9:30 - 5:30, Wednesday 9:30 - 5:30 and Thursday 9:30 - 5:30 and are non-food retreats. The cost is $35.00. On the Odd months the retreats are Friday 9:30 - 8:00 pm, Saturday 9:30 - 8:00 pm and Sunday 9:30 - 3:00. The cost is $70 With a Buffet dinner on Friday & Saturday and a Sunday Brunch.
Special Holiday Retreat - Our Holiday retreat is always a big hit. It is the first weekend of December Friday 9:30 - 8:00 pm, Saturday 9:30 - 8:00 pm and Sunday 9:30 - 3:00. The cost is $35 as this is a non-food retreat however sometimes we order pizza or other food for dinner. There is a nominal cost to cover the costs if you want to partake.
(The back door will be unlocked at 9:30 am and not before. Please be respectful of our staff as they have store opening duties to do prior to opening for the retreat).
2023 Retreat dates
The 2023 Retreat dates are now on the website to sign up through 2023. January - $70.00 with meals
February - $35.00
- Friday January 13 - 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday January 14 - 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Sunday January 15 - 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
March - $70.00 with meals
- Wednesday February 7 - 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Thursday February 8 - 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Friday February 9 - 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
April - $35.00
- Friday March 10 - 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday March 11 - 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Sunday March 12 - 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- Wednesday April 11 - 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Thursday April 12 - 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Friday April 13 - 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
May - $70.00 with meals
- Friday May 19 - 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday May 20 - 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Sunday May 21 - 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
June - $35.00
- Wednesday June 13 - 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Thursday June 14 - 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Friday June 15 - 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
July - $70.00 with meals
- Friday July 7 - 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday July 8 - 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Sunday July 9 - 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
August - $35.00
September - $70.00 with meals
- Wednesday August 8 - 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Thursday August 9 - 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Friday August 10 - 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
October - $35.00
- Friday September 8 - 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday September 9 - 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Sunday September 10 - 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- Wednesday October 10 - 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Thursday October 11 - 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Friday October 12 - 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
November - $70.00 with meals
- Friday November 10 - 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday November 11 - 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Sunday November 12 - 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
December HOLIDAY RETREAT - $35.00
- Friday December 1 - 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday December 2 - 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Sunday December 3 - 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
There is plenty of room, parking, bright lighting, and a ground floor entrance. We have large 8 foot heavy tables with only 2 quilters to a table with Ironing and cutting stations.
We have a security system so you can feel comfortable leaving your sewing machine and supplies out each day of the retreat. There is a 15% store discount for those retreating with us during the retreat.
We are excited to have 2 Certified Bernina Technicians. If you would like your machine cleaned, please call the shop to get on the list. If you can't make the retreat but still want your machine cleaned you may bring your machine in early and pick it up on a later day.
- Sign up on-line, Call the store or stop in to register, payment required to secure your reservation.
- The limit is the first 20 quilters.
Class and Retreat Fees are due at the time you signup to secure your spot and are not refundable unless you provide notice 10 business days before the session or event begins.
(except Judy Niemeyer retreat classes)
Come join us for some great quilting and sharing at our Retreats! You won't want to miss the food.... and fun!
If you are not near the Des Moines area and you are traveling, we have secured a corporate rate with the Hampton Inn & Suites in Ankeny, just 5 minutes from Woodside Quilting. The corporate rate is $99.00 per night with a free breakfast. Call the hotel directly to make your reservation and mention you are needing the Woodside Quilting Corporate rate for an event. You need to call the hotel and make this reservation directly with them not through a 3rd party. If you have questions or issues, please call the store and ask to speak to Warren or Marty.
Hampton Inn & Suites 6210 SE Convenience Blvd, Ankeny, IA 50021 – 515 261-4400.