Free QOV Patterns
Moore Eagle Pattern https://media.rainpos.com/2446/moore_eagle_series_3.pdf
"Woodside Quilting QOV Group".
Thanks to you and the interest in this very worthy cause, our group is at 20 + Quilters!
What better way to honor our Veterans than with the start of our own "Woodside Quilting - Quilts of Valor Group".We are proud to be the first Certified QOV Quilt shop group in the nation! Our Group will start meeting for 2023 next April - NovemberInterested in Joining a QOV Group?
If you are in the Des Moines and surrounding areas and are interested in joining a QOV Group, our QOV Group at Woodside Quilting in Des Moines Iowa welcomes you. We have programs like Monthly Sew In’s, Trunk Shows, QOV Retreats, a QOV quilt block program, National teachers and other opportunities in the shop with lots of fun creating Quilts of Valor for many deserving individuals. You don't need to be a quilter to join our QOV group. There is always a need for people at our Sew days to help iron, bind, help with presentations, fundraising and we also need people to help with quilting the QOV finished tops. If you are interested in the QOV group, stop in, email or call the store to register your name and get on our email list.
(There is a nominal $10 group member fee collected by us on behalf of the QOVF.)We will have lots of exciting fun ahead of us!
- Our Group meets the 2nd Monday of the month (full weeks). Please see our calendar of events for the dates.
- We work on our own QOV quilts and we plan group QOV quilts and other events for those days.
- These special fun group projects are announced in our Member Group QOV emails.
A little bit about Quilts of Valor for those of you that are new to the foundation. The mission of the Quilts of Valor Foundation is "To cover service members and veterans touched by war with comforting and healing Quilts of Valor."
Throughout the year we will have lots of events making QOV quilts for many deserving individuals. There are many benefits of joining our QOV Group at Woodside Quilting listed below:
To become a member:
- Stop in the shop to sign up.
- There is a nominal individual $10 member fee collected annually by us on behalf of the QOVF.
- A membership card for each member.
- A commemorative lapel pin for each member (new design annually).
- Authorization to raise money, accept donations, and accept non-monetary gifts to meet local needs using the QOVF name.
- (Note: donations raised are sent in to the foundation's national office for tax recording and reporting, then returned to groups.)
- Use of 100% of funds raised through an expense reimbursement process.
- Advance notice of upcoming QOVF special events, monthly specials from QOVF supporting companies, and discounted opportunities to participate in other quilt related events.